Privacy statements Sennheiser Smart Assist (hereinafter "App")
When downloading, installing and using the app, personal data is processed by Sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co. KG, Am Labor 1, 30900 Wedemark, Germany (hereinafter „Sennheiser“ or „we“).
Please read the following information carefully before downloading, installing and using the app.
When downloading the app, required information such as user name and device identification are transmitted to the respective platform/app store. As provider of the app, Sennheiser has no impact on the data processing by providers of the platform/app.
Further information about your data protection rights as well as the contact details of our data protection officer are available on our data protection declaration under https://www.sennheiser.com/privacy-policy.
In case of questions regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact us: Sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co. KG, Am Labor 1, 30900 Wedemark, Germany or our customer support team https://www.sennheiser.com/contact-us.
In order to use the app with your Sennheiser device, you are not required to create a Sennheiser account. Users without a Sennheiser account can use the app with their Sennheiser device without any restrictions.
Using the app
If not explicitly stated differently, Sennheiser processes the data described in the following for the purpose of providing the app and ensuring its functionality (legal basis Art. 6 Abs. 1 lit. b GDPR).
The following information is required to establish a connection to a device: Bluetooth name of the device, Bluetooth address for Android, BLE UUID for iOS. This data is required for using the product and are not transmitted to or processed by Sennheiser or companies commissioned by Sennheiser.
Using the app on Android devices requires the activation of location services in order to enable full function of the app and operation of your Sennheiser device. The connection to your device is established via the Bluetooth Low Energy-Scan (BLE-Scan) technology that requires access to the location services of your device. Without activated location services, the app cannot establish a connection to your Sennheiser device. Sennheiser does not process location information for any other purposes. This data is processed while using the app and is not stored beyond that.
IP addresses transmitted when playing videos are only collected and processed by Sennheiser in the technically required amount and are afterwards deleted automatically.
Subject to your consent (legal basis Art. 6 Sec. 1 lit. a GDPR), Sennheiser uses the tool Matomo by InnoCraft Ltd. (7 Waterloo Quay PO Box 625, 6140 Wellington, New Zealand) to analyse aggregated user behaviour in order to optimize and improve the app by means of the consequential findings.
When using the app, the following data is processed:
- model name of the mobile device,
- brand of the mobile device,
- operating system,
- monitor resolution,
- type of device (e. g. "smartphone", "tablet", "phablet"),
- user’s local time (Time of registered action),
- server time,
- time stamp and time span in between uses,
- language setting (e. g. ger, en, fr)
- anonymised IP address (only the first 2 bytes are registered)
- location derived from anonymised IP address (due to the anonymisation, no exact localisation, but only a relatively accurate indication of the country of origin),
- Technical parameters of the connection: -- app version -- number of different frequency variants per use, -- number of devices from the Sennheiser EW-D family / System Size, -- number of devices from the Sennheiser EW-D family by subseries per session, -- number of active transmission chains/channels per session, system configuration of the session (what types of devices are connected?), -- recipients’ firmware, -- senders’ firmware, -- used features per Session (e. g. various buttons, "Demo mode", app started for the first time). Conclusions regarding the identity of the user are not feasible for us. Only aggregated data regarding user behaviour is analysed. User data is collected, processed and stored by order of Sennheiser on the servers within the EWG.
Data processing and user behaviour analysis only takes place with your consent (legal basis Art. 6 Sec. 1 lit. a GDPR). You can revoke your consent at any time with future effect in the settings under the section “Share user data”.
User data of your session is stored temporarily until the aggregated evaluation is created automatically. Results of the aggregated analysis cannot be associated with individual user sessions and can be stored over a longer period of time.